Rules for Art:
- All submissions should be given to the temple by September 20th.
- Please make sure Art is laminated or framed if you want additional protection.
- No names or signatures in your work so judges can judge anonymously.
- Your Art will be displayed at the temple during Navrathri. This is the time for you to bring your family and friends to showcase your work
- There will be one winner for each of the category
- If there are not enough entries in a category, Smriti committee may decide to cancel that category.
|Age Group||Artwork Theme||Description|
|Preschool||Kolams||Fully drawn from – no printout/sketches. You can be imaginative|
|K-5th Grade||Complex Kolams; Can also pick topics for older age group.||Fully drawn from – no printout/sketches. You can be imaginative|
|6, 7 and 8th grades||Draw Kamakshi Ambal||Fully drawn from – no printout/sketches. You can be imaginative about her pose, color|
|9, 10th grades||Draw Sri Maha Periyavaa performing Japam||Sri Periyavaa is performing his Japam, the scene/settings etc. are your imagination!|
|11, 12th grades & adults||Symbolism: Devas and Asuras join forces and perform Samudra Matanam
Anantha Shayanam – Sri Narayana (Bhagavan Vishnu) is in yoga nidra resting on Adi Sesha surrounded by all Devas.
|The theme is puranic, however you need to convey/correlate this to current world affairs!|